ABOUT SCHILLER CONSULTING
- Advising private companies delivering innovative grid edge solutions
- Providing alternative dispute resolution services
- Consulting to state and federal government agencies on a wide range of energy topics associating with establishing infrastructures for implementing flexible distributed energy resource, clean energy and climate change mitigation policies and portfolios
Steve is the Principal of Schiller Consulting, Inc. He is also:
- Arbitrator and Mediator – American Arbitration AssociationNational Roster of Neutrals and Energy Panel
- Affiliate and Senior Advisor – Lawrence Berkeley National Laboratory Electricity Markets and Policy Group
- Founder and Board Chair Emeritus, California Efficiency + Demand Management Council
- Board Director, The Center for Energy Efficiency and Renewable Technologies (CEERT), a partnership of major environmental groups and private-sector clean energy companies
- IPMVP Fellow and former Board Director, International Efficiency Valuation Organization
- Member of Building Decarbonization Coalition
- Advisory Board Member, Mechanical Engineering Department, UC Berkeley College of Engineering
- Referee, U.S. Soccer Federation
- House Captain Volunteer – Rebuilding Together Oakland/East Bay
Steven Schiller has over thirty years of experience in the energy industry with a focus on demand-side energy efficiency, renewables and independent power generation. His career has included senior management, engineering, research, training and project management roles. He has been a senior manager or CEO of three energy engineering and project management firms, including his own which was acquired by an international energy and technology company.
Steve’s work has included projects for federal and state agencies, utilities and private companies throughout the United States and similar work in Canada, China, Costa Rica, Croatia, Mexico, Poland, Thailand and Vietnam and for the International Energy Agency, United Nations, and the World Bank.
He continues to be active in domestic and international efforts associated with incorporating energy efficiency and renewables into pollution reduction and greenhouse gas reduction strategies. Steve has been a long time consultant to the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency’s State and Local Climate Energy Program. For seven years he was a member of the Small Scale Working Group of the Executive Board of the UNFCCC Clean Development Mechanism. He is also the former Vice Chair of the California Climate Action Registry Board (appointed by State Senate) and was one of the founders of The Climate Registry.
Steve is also an internationally recognized evaluation, measurement and verification (EM&V) expert having been responsible for many of the domestic and international guidelines used in the energy efficiency industry. He is one of the 15 people who have received a lifetime achievement award from the IEPEC over the last three decades.
He was also an Entrepreneur in Residence for the California Clean Energy Fund, a Senior Advisor with the University of California’s California Institute for Energy and Environment, a Visiting Scientist with the UC Davis Energy and Efficiency institute, and Advisory Board Member – California Public Interest Energy Research Program of California Energy Commission. Steve was also a Founding Board Member of the Clean Economy Network which was combined with the Advanced Energy Economy.
Steve holds Mechanical Engineering degrees from the University of California, Berkeley and the University of Michigan, Ann Arbor. He is also a registered Mechanical Engineer in California.